This is just a friendly reminder that the Jesus Politics synchroblog starts tomorrow!!
In case you’re just joining us, this coming week at The American Jesus will be dedicated to talking about faith and politics, or as I’m calling it, “Jesus Politics.”
Each day of the week a different guest poster will make their case for why other Christians should vote for their particular candidate of choice. Needless to say it should be an interesting conversation. I for one am really looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say.
But wait, there’s more!
I want YOU to be involved in our discussion. Along with the guest posts, I will be hosting a synchroblog. If you’re not familiar with that concept, it’s pretty simple. Since no one blog can host everyone’s posts at the same time, one blog (in this case, mine) serves as the central meeting point where readers can come to find links to all the other blogs involved.
Which means it’s not to late for you to join the synchroblog!
So, if you are interested in joining, or just want to follow along, all the pertinent information can be found below.
If you are participating in the synchroblog and you’re championing a third-party candidate, feel free to go ahead and send me the link to your post today so I can have it ready to go first thing in the morning. Or you can just sent it to me whenever you post it tomorrow.
Well, that’s just about it. Once again, just check all the information below to see how you can get involved and, as always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
GUEST POST LINEUP
Monday, 10/22: Why Christians Should Vote For Jill Stein – Candace Datz
Tuesday, 10/23: Why Christians Should Vote For Mitt Romney – Kent Landhuis
Wednesday, 10/24: Why Christians Should Vote For Barack Obama – Josh Shope
Thursday, 10/25: Why Christians Should Not Vote At All – Tripp York
Friday, 10/25: Jesus Politics Wrap Up – Zack Hunt
1. I’m sure this goes without saying, but please make sure you post about Romney on the day Romney is featured here or Obama on the day Obama is featured.
2. In order to include your link with a certain guest post as soon as it goes up, please send me the link to your corresponding post either the night before or first thing that morning. Each day’s post will be up at 9AM EST….Otherwise, you can send me the link to your post anytime during the corresponding day (or even later in the week) and I will add it to the list under the appropriate guest post.
3. Please include “Jesus Politics” in the title of your synchroblog post, i.e. something like “Jesus Politics: Why Christians Should Vote For Mitt Romney.”
4. Let’s use the hashtag #JesusPolitics on Twitter, Facebook, or wherever you feel the need to use hashtags.
5. Argue your point passionately, but remember to keep your tone civil. I will not link to posts that are overly hostile or belligerent. The point of this synchroblog is to foster conversation, not destroy it.
6. Please feel free to use the Jesus Politics image above with your post, as your Facebook or Twitter profile pic that week, or as a badge on your site to let others know you’re participating in the synchroblog
7. If there’s something I’ve missed or you have a questions about anything related to the Jesus Politics synchroblog, please ask in the comments section, that way if others have the same question, they can easily find the answer.